Monday, October 1, 2018

Sara's Hopes and Goals for CSW Program Experience


Hi everyone!

My name is Sara, and I am a junior at NC State studying social work and Arabic. I’ve known about the CSW program since my freshman year, and was super excited to have the chance to apply this fall. Advocacy and politics have always been personal and professional interests of mine, so the combination of the two within this program made it a great fit for me!

There are so many things that excite me about being a part of the program. I’m doing my research on vulnerable populations’ accessibility to feminine hygiene products and what factors play into this. This is an issue I’ve been following since high school, so I’m excited to be able to do my own research on how it impacts North Carolina. I’m also eager to attend the UN’s Council on the Status of Women in March (I’m a long-time Model UN participant!) and meet other people from North Carolina and abroad that share my passions.

Being a part of this program, I hope my research can be used to enact positive change in affected communities. I hope that I can do this topic justice through my work and shed some light on a topic that is often stigmatized. I also hope that I get to learn from the work of others throughout the program. I’ve already met so many talented and accomplished people, and can’t wait to meet more!

No comments:

Post a Comment