Saturday, January 26, 2013

Things Happen...

This morning, there was a leadership development meeting that I did not want to late for. I was in such a hurry that I even took a shower in less than 10 minutes (this is not very easy to do with the water pressure of we have in my residence hall). In this chaotic moment, I found my sweater (that I picked earlier in the morning) laying on my bed. I reached for it and the next thing I know... BOOM. My laptop fell off from the top of the drawer.

I must have stepped on one of the cords connected to the laptop, which ended up pulling the laptop towards the floor. At the moment my laptop shattered in parts, I was so shocked I could not even move. I couldn't think of anything but my research paper and the interview notes I gathered. That was arguably the scariest moment I have ever had in the research process. 

Sometimes, things happen. out of nowhere. without a notice. To some people, it might sound like an excuse, but there is nothing much you can do about it because it already happened. You just got to go on. But when you think about it, it could have been worse. Somehow, my laptop started working after stuffing in everything that fell off. Part of the research paper disappeared but all my book notes and interview notes were not damaged. It could have been worse.

Things happen. small or big. unexpected or expected. The real question is, however, how prepared are you for those incidents?

- Brian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment