Thursday, February 21, 2013

Scared!

The day is finally here. In about 12 hours, I will be presenting my research that I have worked for the past few months in front of ... a lot of people. I don't exactly know how many but I know it is going to be a lot enough to make me nervous.

A lot of people told me to get some rest. I, personally, had a rough week being very sick. But sometimes, I realize that I am a college student... and that I have stacks of school work piling on my desk. I happened to realize that today and so... I pulled an all-nighter. (I hope Beth does not read this until I finish the presentation)

But that is not exactly why I am scared. I am scared because I can vividly feel the chips on my shoulder. This research - that is supposedly last about 10 minutes - will make some kind of impact in my life, others' lives, and the community's history. It is extremely exciting yet scary. simply because you want to make a good impact. not a bad impact. 

A great lesson I learned from Finding Nemo is... we just need to keep swimming until we reach where we want to be. Other fellows and I made it this far so there is no turning back. just moving forward!





 I wish this post made sense despite of my lack of sleep.

- Brian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment