Monday, July 18, 2011

A Bittersweet Goodbye

Everyone,

This will be my last blog post for the summer, as my time with WomenNC as a summer intern is drawing to a close. By no means is my time with this wonderful organization ending, as I will still be an active member and advocate for WomenNC. I've had a wonderful summer filled with many learning experiences. I have met many wonderful people and have enjoyed great conferences, meetings, and conversations with a wide array of individuals. For those of you who I've met, you've definitely shaped my life and made me a stronger person. I've learned not only a lot about WomenNC this summer, but a lot about myself. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Anita, Beth, Devi, and everyone else on the WomenNC crew, and will absolutely stay in touch with everyone. I hope that WomenNC continues to grow, that CEDAW is ratified in the United States, and that we, as a whole, can empower women and girls throughout the world. Thank you all for this wonderful experience and your kind support throughout the summer. Best of luck to everyone in all future endeavors and I hope to see you in the very near future!

Cheers,
Holly Holbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment