Thursday, January 15, 2015

Justine-Blog Post #6

Blog Post #6 January 15, 2015 

It almost feels like there isn’t much to write about (which of course isn’t true!) simply because THE FIRST DRAFT OF THE PAPER IS IN! I cannot even begin to put into words how excited I was to save my rough draft, email it in, and close my laptop in the wee hours of Sunday morning.
There are plenty of edits to be made and details to be fixed or added in, but for now, I’ve been enjoying a relatively calm first full week of classes. I know once the workshop for Sunday is underway, it’s all going to feel a bit more real, but I am content knowing, at the very least, the bulk of my research is completed (and on time, no less!). The research I have done has truly been invigorating, and I am now more certain than ever that my future lies in advocating for women’s reproductive healthcare access domestically and abroad. The response I have gotten back from my mentors has been great so far, and I can’t wait to workshop my paper in person Sunday.
Liv and I will be representing WomenNC on public access television, taping the 29th, on the show “Carolina Now”. I am definitely a bit nervous, as I don’t know what my professional screen presence is like, but I am confident it will be an incredibly positive experience. Once January wraps up, the main focus on my mind is going to be the physical presentation of the research t the February 19th gala dinner. I haven’t even allowed myself to begin worrying about the actual United Nations yet—I’ll save that panic for a later date!
Until next time, stay warm!


Justine

2 comments:

  1. Josh,
    Congratulations on meeting your deadline. I am reviewing your draft now. I look forward to our conversation on Sunday.

    You are a strong advocate for WomenNC and the fellows program, having devoted extra effort to promoting the program. These appearances will certainly contribute to your success at the UN.

    See you Sunday!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine, I'm sure your "screen presence" will be fantastic, especially after the on-target and professional training today about T.V. interviews from Scott Morgan, calling in from Washington D.C. I thought he gave fantastic hints.

    ReplyDelete