Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Finale.
Laura Douglass


It is the season of goodbyes. My head has spinning as I finish my senior year at Meredith, and one of the many things I am letting go of is this fellowship.

I have been exposed to so many things and my has it been incredible. I have learned more about so many people that I knew nothing about and have walked different lives than I do. Simply asking people if they agree with me or about things I myself don't understand is more than many people do.

Words cannot describe the emotional journey telling my story has had. Thank god for the deadlines that forced me to put words on paper. It is empowering to know that I spread awareness on an issue that doesn't get very much attention. I hope that everyone I encountered over the process of this fellowship takes the little I told them about sexual assault in the military and does their best to be supportive to victims, and plead for reform.

Thank you WomenNC for this opportunity. There simply isn't anything else like it. Now it's time for me to go forward and save the world.

Thank you,
Laura

P.S. Look for me on CSPAN one day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment