Sunday, December 16, 2012

Grant proposal

I felt like a real professional this week when I submitted my first ever proposal for a grant from the Women's and Gender Studies department to cover the travel expenses for the fellowship. There is just something about asking for money for non-personal reasons that makes you feel like an adult, a true professional.

The amount is small and the grant nothing like what true researchers or academics apply for but it still felt exciting and important to me and whether or not I receive the grant, it is still one more new experience for me.

This fellowship has already given me an array of new experiences and I  know that it will continue to do so. I continue to find research and while I found some great examples, it is unfortunate that I am able, because it means that another young women has suffered not only rape, but also the injustice and indignity of being blamed, not believed, judged, and more. I hope, however, that my research and paper  may have some sort of impact, maybe make people more aware about these issues, make them realize the impact of these types of attitudes, etc, however small an impact this may be.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Elisabeth! May your grant requests be granted...

    ReplyDelete