Sunday, February 23, 2014

WomenNC Dinner Event

As you may know, we had our WomenNC event this past Thursday at NC State's Hunt Library. It was an amazing experience. I was so honored to be a part of the event and hear Eleanor Smeal speak.

 Everyone spoke so well, and I absolutely loved Sarah's answer to Ms. Smeal's question about "What is one thing you would do to change the world?" Sarah's response to take one step of courage was so eloquent and inspiring. I really liked how she brought up Beth's experience in working to create the organization WomenNC.

When the time came for Eleanor Smeal to speak, I was blown away by how inspiring she was. She has a wealth of knowledge and she really knows how to captivate an audience. I was so excited by all she said, and I kept thinking to myself "This is everything I feel." Eleanor Smeal inspired me to work harder at trying to portray my passion when I speak to an audience. I know that is currently one of my weaknesses. I hope that when I present at the UN, I am able to show the audience just how passionate I am about advocating for reproductive justice and other women's rights.

Thanks!
Isabella  

No comments:

Post a Comment