Monday, October 1, 2018

A lifetime Opportunity - Hopes and Goals

Hello,  my name is Patience Mukurazhizha Bowora.  I am a junior Social Work Major at Bennett College for Women in Greensboro, North Carolina.  Was Born in Zimbabwe, seasoned in England and matured in the United States, I believe that if I can change one person's life, the Would be a better place. Great passion in helping people especially the disadvantaged like women, children, the handicapped, and refugees.   Currently enrolled, Social Work Major to learn the values, principles, and standards to guide decision making and professional conduct, to make a difference in someone’s life. Through Dr. Valerie Johnson (V.J) of Bennett College, I am part of the group that is going to research on Perinatal Care For incarcerated women in Guilford and Forsyth Counties.  I am looking forward to learning new ideas, working young talented ladies, making friends, changing lives and much much more. I wish to impact other women to improve the quality of their lives, in terms of relationships, employment, social life, and building self-confidence.  My end goal is to start an NGO project to work with women and children. I am honored to be part of WomenNC and hope to learn a lot through networking and to be equipped to help myself and other women understand who we are collectively. I also need to understand my individual role. The visit to the UN should change many aspects of my life and take me to the next level.  I am so grateful for the opportunities to serve.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your dedication to serving others and hope you find this experience to be informative. Thank you for your enthusiasm about this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy that you are a part of this year's program. You bring a unique perspective to this work. Your experience will bring a perspective to the Bennett College project that will complement that of your colleagues; and your goals for the future will enhance the work of WomenNC

    Maria Murray Riemann

    ReplyDelete