Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blog #3 - Dina Shehata

As Thanksgiving Break comes to an end, I want to tell you a little bit about the events of this past week. I spent time with my family which is always amazing and much needed. As I’m writing this blog I can’t help but be thankful for all the blessings I have. I spent the end of the break helping my family and friends plan a baby shower for a close family friend. I realize how lucky we are to have access to anything and everything the baby will need, to be able to provide her with gifts that will help her in taking care of her newborn. Women all over the world aren’t as fortunate and it is our duty to raise awareness for these women and their newborns. It is our duty to help these women and their families in any way we can. Thanksgiving is a time when everyone gets together with their families and not only enjoys each other’s company but also really think about what they are thankful for. I have a lot to be thankful for and I hope that when reading my blog, you take the time to think about what you are thankful for and what you can do to help those in need.

As for my partner organization, I will let talk more about where I stand with my choice. I still have not decided between three organizations that I have been in contact with. I have meetings set up with all three organizations to talk more about what they do so that I can have all the information I need to choose the “best practice model.” All three organizations focus on empowering women through different venues. I am very excited to meet with each of them and to participate in their events.

This upcoming week will be my final week of the semester for my graduate program. I will be done with the semester on December 8th which is coming up very quickly. I can’t believe how fast time has gone. I am so glad my program advertised the WomenNC CSW Fellowship and I am so happy that I was selected. I will be taking this week to finish up final papers and preparing for finals. The week after that will be when I will continue my research and research paper for the fellowship. I can’t wait to continue working!

1 comment:

  1. Dina, congratulations to the new baby that is anticipated--it is indeed a lucky baby! And good luck on your finals. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete