Sunday, November 16, 2014

Justine blog 2

Justine Schnitzler

CSW 2015 Blog Post #2

I thought after finishing the first workshop I couldn’t possibly be more excited to get into the thick of the fellowship, but I was proven wrong after last week’s workshop regarding research methods! Now, it’s all starting to feel real. I was a bit overwhelmed as we packed up our notes and laptops with the words, “see you in January” hanging over our heads. The realization hit me that I was now free to pursue the research component of this Fellowship, and that the next time we gathered as a group, my rough draft would be completed. The task seems impossible to me now, but I am so fortunate to have not only my peer Fellows as support, but also the entire WomenNC community as well.

I am preparing to make initial contact this week with the organizations I intend to write about as best-practice models in my paper, which include IPAS, the UNC School of Public Health, and Lillian’s List. After hopefully generating a positive response, I will decide which organizations will best help me complete my advocacy paper. While it feels like I have a lot of time right now, I know dates and deadlines are going to approach quickly and fly by, so I’m spurring myself into action this week.

Going forward into the next few weeks (and Thanksgiving Break), I am eager to create a personal timeline for myself regarding the amount of pages I need to write weekly to stay on top of this endeavor. Each time I feel slightly overwhelmed, I just think about how exciting the thought of our upcoming New York trip is, and how much I’m going to learn in the next few months.

Until next time,

Justine

No comments:

Post a Comment