Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Snow Brown and The Seven Detergents" by Banu Subramaniam

Hello everyone!

I wanted to make a quick blog post, and seeing as this is my designated "break" from my research, I thought I should seize the opportunity.

The inspiration for this post comes from a library, where I stumbled upon a metanarrative (apparently that is a "narrative about a narrative". Thanks Dictionary.com!) The story, written by Banu Subramaniam, follows the journey of a young, aspiring scientist, named Sneha. I don't want to give away anything, but have no fear! I included a link to a PDF copy below for convenience.

 Snow Brown and the Seven Detergents

This re-creation of the classic fairy tale had me both captivated and appalled from start to finish. At the same time, I felt a new wave of inspiration for my research as I was reading. If I can find more stories like this one, I might start a book club.

Until next time!
Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet we could all recognize ourselves somewhere in this fairy tale. Thanks for sharing.
    Lois

    ReplyDelete