Sunday, January 12, 2014

Time is Flying

We are less than two weeks into the new year, but goodness 2014 has been incredibly hectic. I recently moved back to UNC and now I feel as though I am moving at 90 miles a minute. This month is full of important dates and deadlines.  Although I am feeling very overwhelmed, I am also excited for all that is ahead. This month alone I begin my internship at the Orange County Rape Crisis Center where I will assist the Latin@ Services Coordinator; I will help to host the Students United for Reproductive Justice (SURJ) Womyn's Issues Now [WIN] Conference; AND I will be submitting my rough draft of my WomenNC fellowship paper.

This month is bound to fly by, but at the same time, I hope I am able to enjoy everything. I am fortunate enough to be engaged in activities that are related to my passion for Women's Studies/social justice/public health/gender equality/etc, and I am one step closer to presenting at the UN!!!! I know March is still a little ways away, but I am so excited about the trip. I cannot wait to meet people, present my research, and attend amazing discussions and presentations! I hope all of this goes smoothly and I shall keep you updated!

Happy 2014!
Isabella  

No comments:

Post a Comment