Saturday, March 9, 2019

Day 1 in NYC!

Hello Everyone!

After traveling from Columbia, SC to Greensboro, NC to Raleigh, NC to New York, NY we are finally in NYC for the conference! I am excited about what lays ahead of us and am looking forward to all of the wonderful presentations.

This is my first time being in New York so I am overly excited to see all of what "The Big Apple" has to offer. I have never seen so many cars going so fast in every direction, and it is totally exhilarating. For dinner, Zybrea, Africa, and I found this cool pizza spot that sells pizza for $0.99. I am in heaven! It was the best pizza I've ever had in my entire life. I never want to leave New York!!!

Tomorrow and the rest of the week will be packed with activities and presentations at the United Nations. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to meet and mingle with other individuals dedicated to the erasure of inequality and injustice against women and girls around the world. What a way to kick off Women's History Month!!!

XOXO,

Aravia P.

No comments:

Post a Comment