Saturday, March 9, 2019

Bennett Belle takes NYC: Day 1

Hi everyone! First off let me start by saying that I could not think of a better way to spend Women's History Month! I am so blessed to be a part of an organization that advocates for women's rights, combats discrimination, and empowers us all!! 

While touring United Nations today, Patience and I ran into members of the All India Women's Education Fund Association (AIWEFA). We all introduced ourselves, took pictures together, and the lovely ladies invited us to their side and parallel events. We then went on to educate our new friends on WomenNC and requested their presence to our event as well. 

I am excited about the opportunities that I will be exposed to this week at United Nations and I know that every event will provide me with the resources and knowledge that I will need to effectively service women and girls in my future profession. 


*Our flight to the big apple was my very first plane ride:)*


1 comment:

  1. Africa, so exciting this was your first pane ride! What better place to land than at CSW? :-)) - I look forward to reading more about your experiences this week. I just got back from India on Monday and saw first hand the challenges for women and girls there as well as the direct benefit they receive from important organizations like the AIWEFA....so important we continue to stand in solidarity with our sisters who are struggling in other lands. Would love to see the pics you took with them. Happy learning!

    ReplyDelete